To me this is the season to add pumpkin to everything (“PUMPKIN ALL THE THINGS!”). So, following in line with that I’ve made a veggie filled casserole with a tasty pumpkin sauce. I hope you try and enjoy!
Veggie stuffed pumpkin mac and "cheeze" casserole
A delicious vegan casserole to satisfy any comfort food need.
Write a review
- * 3 cups unsweetened non dairy milk, divided
- * 1 can pumpkin puree
- * 1/3 c nutritional yeast
- * 1 tbsp chili powder
- * 1/2 tbsp cumin
- * 1/2 tbsp paprika
- * 1 tsp turmeric
- * salt & pepper to taste
- * 1 red bell pepper, seeded and divided
- * 1 poblano, seeded and divided
- * 1/2 c fire roasted corn
- * 1 cup kale, fresh or frozen
- * 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- * 1 package gluten free pasta, shape of your choice
- 1. Cook pasta to package specifications and set aside.
- 2. Cut red pepper and poblano in half, roast half of each and finely dice the remaining halves.
- 3. In a hot pan saute remaining red bell pepper, poblano, corn and kale, then set aside.
- 4. In a blender mix 2 cups milk, pumpkin, and all spices. Add roasted peppers and continue blending adding remaining 1 cup milk as it blends. Continue until all is smooth.
- 5. In a large bowl mix all ingredients until well coated.
- 6. In a glass baking dish pour mixture and flatten, then sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- 7. Bake at 325° for 20-30 minutes until cheeze sauce bubbles at the edges.
- 8. Broil for 4-8 minutes until breadcrumbs are browned and serve hot.
Willow & Thyme http://www.willowandthyme.com/